Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Felt Garland

I was inspired to make a garland, and knew I had all the materials. So I jumped right in! Start to finish - including inspiration time (and the fact that I slept last night), we're talking 24 hours. Not bad, eh?

So, here it is complete with directions.

I used felted sweaters for this project, but I'm sure you could use any kind of felt. Start with a pile of cut out circles. I did not bother to count or keep track of how many I was cutting. Mine are about 1-2 inches in diameter (again, didn't measure), and they aren't perfectly round.


Next step, start sewing. I left about 10 inches of thread on either end and just started sewing down the middle of a circle.

Keep sewing. I just lined up the next one and fed it in. I found it was easiest to stop every so often and line up my next 20 or so circles, so I could just grab and keep sewing. Also, that way I could sorta line up according to color. Although, I wasn't super picky about the colors and how they lined up.


That's it! Seriously, super easy and super cute. About three-fourths through my first strand of garland, I got the brilliant idea to decorate our lion out front. So I cut some more circles and made a strand for Mr. Lion. Doesn't he just look adorable?!


There's just enough time left before Christmas that you could make yourself some cheery felt garland too!

1 comment: