Friday, July 8, 2011

To cut or not to cut

That is THE question. I have a very back and forth relationship with my hair. My philosophy is: It always grows. So I often cut it short, only to decide I want to be able to wear it long, grow it out, only to get sick of it, then cut it short. And the cycle runs over and over. Last May, right before graduating college, I cut it short. And loved it! Then Jon and I started dating, and it became apparent that it was heading somewhere. So I started growing my hair out because well, I'd always known I wanted it long for my wedding.

Fast forward to 2 weeks before the wedding. I was at my mom's house, and caught a glimpse of a picture with my hair short. And I kinda wanted to cut my hair again. I put the thought out of my mind, because it was 2 weeks before the wedding, and quite frankly, I wasn't about to do anything drastic like cut 7 inches off my hair!

But now...it's a month after the wedding...and I'm kinda thinking about cutting my hair again. I've even found a style I like.
Sorry that picture is ginormous - I couldn't figure out how to make it any smaller. So for the past week, I've been engaging in a debate with myself: to cut or not to cut. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a compulsive pro-con list maker. So naturally I've been coming up with pros and cons for cutting or not cutting my hair. Normally, I'm not quite this indecisive, and I know that within a year, my hair could grow out to the length it is now. But I still can't quite make up my mind. Does anyone else have crazy hair debates with themselves and go to extremes when figuring out a style?! Or am I the only crazy one?

No comments:

Post a Comment