Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Diary of a College Girl

I realize the last few weeks have been quiet, once again, on the blog front. I assure you I am still alive and well, but I started my last semester of college. Wow. I'm not sure that has sunk in yet. I am taking 21 credit hours total this semester, but am rather interesting in the majority of them, so it's not terrible! I decided that there are certain things that get dropped when I go back to school, and I tend to feel guilty about them. I am choosing to air them, and hopefully acknowledge that I am not perfect and give myself a little patience.

  • I am terrible about getting back to people! I feel awful when I receive a text, email, phone call, etc. and it takes me two weeks to actually get back to them. I stress about it for the two weeks it takes me to get back to them, and then when I do make the call, I have to spend 5 minutes apologizing and justifying myself. I think it would be better to take the 5 minutes to respond initially, or to simply say, "I'm really busy with school, can I call you this weekend?" Rather than cause myself added stress, this is an easy remedy. I've gotten better about my response time, but because I am studious, this is still something I struggle with.
  • My clothes don't always get hung up and my books don't always get put back on the shelf. I've noticed that when I get busy, my room is one of the quickest things to get neglected. I start to leave things wherever they land because I am always rushing about. I've decided I need to make a conscious effort to take 15 minutes before bed to tidy up a little. I am convinced that I sleep better, that all humans do really, when they are in a more calm environment. Meaning, if things are a mess, I don't sleep that great! I need all the rest I can manage when I'm in school, so it really is a no brainer. My room doesn't need to be spotless before I go to bed, but I should take a few minutes to tidy up some.
  • I stop doing things for joy. I love to bake, sew, craft, create, knit, crochet...etc. When I am in school, I find I don't have time for these things. But I wonder if I don't have time for them, or if I'm not responsible enough with my time to create the opportunity to work on my projects. I am more organized this semester than I ever have been in school. And it only took me 21 years to figure it out (at least I figured it out now!). Because of this, I am hoping that I will have more time to continue doing the things I truly enjoy. I think it will make for a much better semester and overall life!
It's nice to take a step back and realize that I'm not perfect. As someone who constantly strives for top marks, I have to remind myself that I am human once in a while. I'm sure I could write all night, but I do have homework to do! And unfortunately, books don't read themselves. I'm looking forward to all of the wonderful things I will learn this semester and how I can disseminate that information in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment