Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School's back in Session

Well, it's finally here! After 17 years of school (including preschool and Kindergarten), I am starting my senior year of college. It is such a strange feeling to know that I've been in school for so long, and that I am so close to the end (well sort of). I will be graduating with a degree in Political Science and two minors: English literature and Women/Gender Studies. I recently added the Women and Gender Studies minor because I already had two classes towards it, and I have the time to finish it!

This semester, I'm taking:
  • ENH 311 - Steve Jobs
  • ENH 311 - Thomas Edison
  • ENH 311 - Carly Fiorina
  • ENH 311 - General Electric
  • ENG 200 - Reading and Writing about Literature
  • ENG 394 - Jewish American Literature 1916-present
  • FAS 331 - Marriage and Family Relationships
  • WST 377 - History of American Feminist Thought

It looks like a lot, but it's really not too taxing! The first four classes are one credit, online classes which only last 5 weeks and are staggered throughout the semester. Two have started so far, and they are very interesting! I'm learning much more about Steve Jobs and Thomas Edison than I ever thought possible! The Marriage and Family Relationships class is also online and has been very interesting so far. I'm really enjoying it, and I'm hoping to glean a lot of knowledge from it! The History of American Feminist Thought has been the most challenging personally thus far. I will update more on classes as I get into the swing of things, but for now, I have homework to turn in (in less than 1.5 hours!).

No comments:

Post a Comment