Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How Grateful I am

I had an experience yesterday that made me realize how blessed I am, and I am truly grateful for that. I went to apply at In-n-Out's open interviews (along with 1000 other people). As I was standing in line, there was a cameraman from Fox 10 interviewing some of the people in line. I heard people talk about how they had been looking for jobs for so long. I heard people talk about how they've decided to go back to school because jobs are so hard to find. I heard people talk about getting up at 5:00am to go to other open interviews, just to be able to get in the door. I realized what a blessing it is that I've been given the opportunity and privilege of going to college. In the college system, higher education has become just a regular thing, and most students think that everyone goes to college after high school. Standing in line at the open interview was a reality check for me, and one that I'm grateful to have had. Now as I start to write yet another paper, I might consider it a privilege to get to write 10 pages on Mary Wollstonecraft...Well, maybe I can't go that far, but I am definitely grateful for the opportunity of college!

For the rest of the In-n-Out part: I left line yesterday after a woman came out telling how she had been there since 9:00am (it was now almost 1:00pm). I went back today, and the line was super short compared to yesterday. I still waited some, but it went much quicker than I thought it would! I also got a second interview, which went very well! I am staying positive and will know either way by Friday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment